Sunday, June 22, 2014

Solstice Party Recap

We hosted a summer solstice party at our seasonal campsite yesterday. It was an item at our church auction last November, so I had a long time to pore over Pinterest and get ideas.A struggle with depression this spring combined with all those wonderful ideas left me overwhelmed.I finally pulled the menu together over the last couple of weeks, and since at the end of the evening someone suggested it was such a success we turn it into an annual event, I figured I'd better document what I made.

  • Garlic rosemary fingerling potatoes with Lemon garlic aioli
  • Beet, goat cheese and toasted pine nuts with basil vinaigrette, served in Belgian endive leaves (you have to scroll down quite a way, and I substituted toasted pine nuts because I don't care for walnuts)
  • Fruit skewers (watermelon, strawberry, red and green grapes, pineapple)
  • Caprese skewers (grape tomatoes, pearl mozzarella, sun gold cherry tomatoes, basil from my camper herb garden) with a balsamic vinegar reduction drizzle
  • Shrimp, red pepper, and pineapple skewers in a teriyaki marinade
  • Teriyaki tofu, red pepper and pineapple skewers, also in a teriyaki marinade
  • Veggies and dip
  • Chicken breast skewers with peanut satay sauce
  • Crackers with an incredible pepper relish made near our hometown in North Dakota

We pre-mixed Mojitos (plain and strawberry-rhubarb) in jelly jars so people could add the club soda right before drinking. Left some non-alcoholic so that people could enjoy that as well, and add the rum if they wanted to.

We served beer Rob brewed, Spring Grove soda, and lots of water.

Fun, fun night! I never took one picture, but it was lovely, and I was grateful to share the night with such a great group. I typically hate that night because it is the beginning of the dying of the light, but it was less painful surrounded by friends.

All in all, a resounding success.

No comments:

Post a Comment