Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It's Complicated

My surgery. It was far more complex than the doc had anticipated. There were complications, a second surgeon had to be called in, and what was supposed to be an hour and a half turned into a 6 hour procedure.
Friday night I was miserable, ALL NIGHT.
I left the hospital Sunday afternoon, and was back in the ER 30 hours later with more complications.
I prepared well for this -- I really did. But HOLY MOLY was I unprepared for the level of pain and the sheer misery.
I am 5 days out. I hope that some major changes will happen next Tuesday morning, and that they will make my life easier, if not pain-free.
In the meantime, I am at home, on the couch, resting.
Frankly, it's boring as hell. I don't do boredom. I can't really read -- hard to concentrate. I have watched a little TV (thank you Netflix), but it is so difficult for me to just sit.
More next week -- and I hope it will be more upbeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment