Thursday, January 01, 2015

Ring in the new

I have always loved New Year's Day. No pressure, no place to be, no stress. We had a low stress holiday season overall but today was still nice. 
My work life is ramping up - I am transitioning from 16 hours a week to full time. It is good, but I am nervous about the transition. Change is always hard for me.
We went out for a little while so G and Rob could use some gift cards, and now we're home and Rob is brewing a batch of nut brown ale. I am snuggled in bed in my pajamas watching HGTV.
I began 2014 with a terrible sense of dread and impending doom. A friend read my tarot and said she saw a big change; a birth of sorts. It made no sense in January, but today I see the growth and the birth in my professional life. 
The year had its ups and downs, as they all do, but overall it was not filled with tragedy as I expected. As I grow older I ask fewer questions about what the future holds because I have experienced more of the really hard stuff. Today I am grateful for the last year and hoping this year is happy and holds few, if any, surprises.
Happy 2015 to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment